Cryptocurrencies have been around for over a decade, but they have recently gained a lot of traction among younger generations, especially millennials and Gen Z. As a business owner, you must recognize the importance of offering crypto payment options to cater to this demographic and how it can massively benefit your business.
Alongside younger millennials born in the late 90s, Gen Z is the first generation to grow up entirely in the digital age. The digital age started in the late 1980s, and the oldest set of Gen Z was born in the late 1990s; hence, it is no surprise that they are highly tech-savvy and more comfortable with digital innovations than older generations. As a result, Gen Z is the most accommodating of cryptocurrencies, and if you indeed want to appeal to this demographic globally, you should accept crypto payments for your online store.
In this article, we will discuss the most popular cryptocurrencies for Gen Z shoppers in 2023 and how you can accept these cryptocurrencies on your E-commerce website to attract gen z shoppers.
Overview of Popular Cryptocurrencies for Gen Z Shoppers
Cryptocurrencies offer several benefits to Gen Z shoppers, including lower transaction fees, faster transaction speeds, increased anonymity, and decentralization. Additionally, they offer an opportunity for financial freedom and independence from traditional banking systems, which appeals to many young people.
Below are some cryptocurrencies that are popular among the younger generation:
- Bitcoin (BTC): Bitcoin is the first and most well-known cryptocurrency, even beyond the younger generation. Launched in 2009, it is the most valuable cryptocurrency, holding over 40% of the entire crypto market’s worth. Additionally, it is the most widely accepted cryptocurrency, and it’s no surprise to see it as a popular payment method.
- Ethereum (ETH): Ethereum is the second most popular cryptocurrency after Bitcoin. Although it was mainly designed to facilitate the creation of decentralized applications and smart contracts, its ever-rising value has made it quite popular among Gen-Z, and it is a good one to accept on your website.
- Tether (USDT): USD Tether is a stablecoin designed to maintain an equal value with the US dollar. It is very popular among cryptocurrency traders as it helps traders, investors, and everyday users to hedge against market volatility.
- Dogecoin (DOGE): Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency created as a joke in 2013 but has gained a massive following in recent years. Dogecoin is particularly popular among Gen Z for its online trends as a meme that grew to become one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB): Shiba Inu is a relatively new cryptocurrency launched in 2020. It was also built as a meme coin, a doppelganger of Dogecoin, as they were both made from dog memes. Gen Z, who missed the Dogecoin boom, focused on SHIB, and despite being new on the block, it is one of the most valuable cryptocurrencies in the world of crypto.
Apart from the ones listed above, several other cryptocurrencies are popular among Gen Z shoppers; some of them include Litecoin (LTC), Binance Coin (BNB), Circle USD (USDC), and a few more. Each of these cryptocurrencies has unique features and benefits that appeal to different categories of users.
How to Accept cryptocurrencies As payment For Your E-Commerce Website To Attract Gen Z Customers?
To accept cryptocurrencies on your website and appeal to a new demographic of potential customers, you’d need to set up a crypto payment gateway that would allow you to accept several cryptocurrencies without complicating the process for your shoppers. It is important to know that shoppers of all generations love the easy shopping processes, both online and offline; hence, you must ensure that your selected crypto payment gateway makes the entire process seamless.
A crypto payment gateway is a service that allows you to accept several payments on your website via a single checkout page. Hence, you don’t need to manually provide payment details to all customers looking to make payment; with a crypto payment gateway, they can scan to pay or get the address and make payments.
CCPayment is a crypto payment gateway allowing you to accept Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDT Dogecoin, Shiba Inu, and 40+ cryptocurrencies on your website at an industry-low service fee of 0.03%. To accept crypto payments on your website, sign up on CCPayment, set up your account, and generate your API keys and other merchant preferences.
CCPayment also allows you to set up several preferences to customize your checkout page, making it appealing for your Gen Z shoppers who care about aesthetic satisfaction. All of these can be completed in minutes, and in a breeze, you’ll be ready to accept crypto payments on your website.
Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDT, Dogecoin, Shiba Inu, and other cryptocurrencies offer several benefits for E-commerce businesses with Gen Z shoppers, as these cryptocurrencies offer cheaper, faster, and more secure transactions. In addition, accepting crypto payments allows you to tap into a global customer base, and CCPayment allows you to accept these cryptocurrencies with seamless API integration to your website, allowing you to expand your business.
Take your business beyond borders! Accept crypto payments with CCPayment today and attract Gen Z shoppers to bost your sales!