Following the increased popularity of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in recent years, it has become trendy to accept crypto payments on websites. Away from traditional payment methods, Bitcoin payments help many businesses to maintain relevance by staying ahead of the curve.
Indeed, you may also want to accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as monetization options for your WordPress website but don’t know how best to go about it. Not to worry, this article discusses details of how to integrate Bitcoin payments with WordPress websites using a crypto payment gateway service.
Why You Should Accept Bitcoin Payments For Your WordPress Website
Created in 2009 as a global, borderless, decentralized digital currency that is independent of banks and governments, Bitcoin has since gained traction among businesses, investors, and even everyday users. Indeed, it was mainly used as a store of value, helping people hedge against inflation with its constantly increasing value. However, Bitcoin’s popularity has surged even further, and more people have adopted it as a payment option. Hence, as a business owner, it is imperative that you stay ahead of the curve by accepting Bitcoin payments for your website.
Integrating Bitcoin payments with your WordPress website offers several benefits to your business. First and most obvious, it allows you to tap into a wide customer base of new, younger people who love transacting with Bitcoin. Also, crypto transactions are borderless; hence, anyone from anywhere can purchase your product or service, even amid restrictions. Additionally, accepting Bitcoin payments can help you reduce transaction fees and increase security for your business.
Advantages of accepting Bitcoin payments
There are several advantages to accepting Bitcoin payments on your WordPress website.
- Privacy and Security: Bitcoin payments give your customers greater privacy than traditional payment methods. All transactions are securely processed through a decentralized network without requiring them to input any details. All they need to do is make a payment, and when it gets confirmed on the blockchain, your payment processor will approve the payment. This security makes your customers less vulnerable to fraud and hacking attempts.
- Low transaction fees: Bitcoin transaction fees are significantly lower than traditional methods such as credit cards or PayPal. Your customer only has to pay a token as gas fees for transactions, and with the right crypto payment processor, you can process your payments with as little as a 0.03% service charge. Hence, you can increase your revenue by reducing the cost of running your businesses and stimulating more purchases while helping your customers to make low-fee crypto payments.
Setting Up a Bitcoin Payment Gateway For Your WordPress Website
Setting up a Bitcoin payment gateway for your WordPress website is straightforward; it can be done in a few simple steps. However, before you proceed, you must choose a crypto payment gateway service.
A crypto payment gateway is a service that allows you to accept several payments on your website via a single checkout page. Hence, you don’t need to manually provide payment details to all customers looking to make payment; with a crypto payment gateway, they can scan to pay or get the address and make payments.
CCPayment is a crypto payment gateway allowing you to accept Bitcoin and 45+ cryptocurrencies on your website at an industry-low service fee of 0.03%. To accept crypto payments on your website, sign up on CCPayment, set up your account, and generate your API keys and other merchant preferences.
After setting up on CCPayment, the next thing to do is to upload and install the payment gateway plugin to your WordPress website and set your preferences.
Once everything is set, ensure to make a test payment to ensure everything is working perfectly. Ideally, you should make a small transaction of $5 to make a purchase and see if it will be properly funneled via the payment gateway. If there are any errors, it’ll be a good time to diagnose them, so you don’t lose money from customers’ purchases.
Get The Word Out!
After successfully integrating Bitcoin payments on your website, it is important that you make several announcements to existing customers, leads, and the general public. Below are some ways to promote your business after adding Bitcoin as a payment method.
- Inform existing and prospective customers of the new development via Email.
- Display a Bitcoin Button on your website.
- Use squeeze pages to inform your website visitors that you now accept Bitcoin.
- Write blog posts to educate users about the benefits of cryptocurrency payments.
- Offer discounts or incentives for items purchased with Bitcoin
Monetizing your WordPress website via cryptocurrency can offer irrefutable benefits to your business, particularly global, borderless payments, among others.
With CCPayment, you can breeze through the process of setting up your own crypto payment gateway within minutes, and you’ll be all set to start accepting Bitcoin on your WordPress website. Don’t forget to utilize the new addition to promote your services and even get skeptical prospects to make a first-time purchase.
Still confused about crypto payment gateways and how they work? Learn more.